UPDATE: Submissions are now closed. Sorry if you have missed it. Thanks to all who participated!
As you may know, strawberryjam and aine will be attending a Morning Musume handshake event in Paris on October 30th. The guests will be Sayumi Michishige, Reina Tanaka, Mizuki Fukumura, Haruna Iikubo, and Ayumi Ishida.
Coincidentally, Mizuki’s 16th birthday is on the day of the event! Not only that, Haruna turns 18 on November 7th, and Reina will be 23 on November 11th.
We thought it would be a great opportunity to give them a message of love from fans all over the world! If you remember our Zukki Appreciation Project, you should know what we mean. That project looked great and turned out to be a great success, so we hope for similar awesomeness this time too!
So to cut to the chase, copy-pasta style:
We’d like to bring Mizuki, Haruna and Reina huge collages of birthday wishes from their overseas fans. Send us photos of yourself holding up a sign wishing each one of them a happy birthday or just telling how awesome you think they are. Any short, positive messages are fine. We’ll make a big collage out of all of the photos and deliver it during the Paris handshake event on October 30th.
Important note: There will be three collages/albums, one for each girl. Only include wishes for one girl in each photo. You don’t need to send wishes to all three members, but we’d strongly recommend that you do – we wouldn’t want one album to be much smaller than the others.
How to Send in Your Photo:
- Make a sign. It can be in any language you want, as long as it says something supportive. (Suggestions: Happy Birthday Mizuki-chan, To my favorite member, To my favorite 9th gen member, You’re the best, We love you, etc.)
- Make sure the text on your sign is dark and big enough to be seen in your photo!
- Take a photo of yourself holding up your sign!
- Your face does not have to be fully shown if you’re shy! But we promise only our staff, UFP staff, and the member herself will see it.
- Email your photo to: email@example.com
– Include the name of the member in the filename so we know which photo goes in which album! Eg., for_mizuki.jpg.
- Include your name/nickname and country with your photo(s).
- Fanart is also welcome!
Deadline: Friday, October 26th, 23:59 GMT
That’s a short notice this time, so let’s all hurry up to make it awesome again!
If you’d like to write in Japanese, but don’t know how, here are some suggested phrases:
- [girl's name]、お誕生日おめでとう！(Happy Birthday [girl's name]!)
- [girl's name]大好き！ (I love [girl's name])
- [girl's name]最高！ ([girl's name] is the best!)
- 頑張ってください！ (Do your best!)
Some names that you can use for each girl:
*Please note: Japanese is not required and we will not be doing translations. As long as you’re showing your support, they’ll understand your meaning.
We hope to get lots of photos again and make this project a huge success. We may not have time to show the collages before we fly to Paris, but we’ll definitely let you know how it went afterwards!
And last but not least, thanks to H!PH0P for the suggestion!